Critical Incident Response for Workplace Supervisors and Managers
Large-scale emergency incidents and disasters can occur anywhere. When they do, all eyes will fall on your business’s Executives and their Emergency Management Team. As an Executive you will be critically evaluated on your preparedness and your Department’s ability to manage the crisis event. This course is designed to both refresh and train Executives on the critical aspects of Emergency Management and to give them the tools that will enable them to manage a wide variety of emergency situations. The participants will be exposed to case studies and practical exercises that will allow them to apply the principles taught in class. Each participant will receive a comprehensive set of checklists and full information on the topics presented.
The Course Will Cover:
- Legal Liability Issues in Emergency Management
- Role of the Field Leader-IC and the Executive on Scene
- Formation of a Department Emergency Team
- Crisis Media Relations
- The Executives Critical Incident Response Checklist
- The Practical Hands-On Version of the Incident Command System for Executives The Concept of Discretionary Over-ride Control for Executives
- The Four Step Critical Incident Response Plan
- The Concept and Proper Application of Unified Command
- Lessons Learned from Executive Response
- How to Form a Department Critical Incident Response Training Program
- Case Studies and In-Class Practical Exercises
Can be offered in 4-hour and 8-hour timeframes.