Emergency Operations in Residence Halls
This course is designed to prepare the Residence Hall Staff to be effective leaders at a Disaster Event or other Critical Incident. The course will provide all of the basic information for emergency preparedness for both the individual staff member and the Residence Halls as a whole. The course will then cover the four-step Critical Incident Response Plan and the participants will be involved in a series of tabletop exercises that will allow them to apply the Critical Incident Response Plan to a variety of emergency events that could occur within the Residence Halls.
- Role of the Field Leader
- Department Initiated v. Suspect Initiated Events
- Common points to all Critical Incidents
- Active Shooter Incidents
- Advantages of the Suspect v. Responding Officers
- Mutual Aid Issues
- Evacuation v. Rescue
- Role of the Fire Department in Critical Incident Response
- Law Enforcement Role in a Mass Casualty Incident – MCI
- The Four-Step Critical Incident Response Plan
- The Critical Incident Checklist
- The Law Enforcement Incident Command System
- Unified Command Concepts.
Can be offered in 90min/2-hours/4-hours/8-hours timeframes.