Rapid Response: COVID Closures and Online BIT Webinar
Rapid Response: COVID Closures and Online BIT Webinar Q&A Follow-Up
Rapid Response: COVID Closures and Online BIT
Sponsored by NaBITA
Presented March 13, 2020
As more schools, colleges, and universities close or shift to an online environment, BITs and case management services must find innovative ways to address concerns, respond to threats of violence, and support students virtually. Join NaBITA’s experts for a webinar on operating an online BIT and responding to student issues in a virtual environment. This webinar will discuss practical strategies for shifting your BIT operations to match the needs of an online environment including, understanding the unique needs of online students, recognizing distress and threatening behavior in an online classroom, and how to deliver virtual responses to BIT referrals. This on-demand webinar will feature presenters Brian Van Brunt, President of NaBITA; Makenzie Schiemann, Vice President of NaBITA, and Joseph Allen, NaBITA Advisory Board Member and expert in online programming.
Topics covered in the webinar:
- What does school closure, or moving online mean for students and administrators?
- What unique challenges are presented by an online environment?
- How might BIT referrals shift in light of the changing circumstances?
- Adjusting the BIT in the online environment
- Online BIT structure and process
- Technology resources available
- Building rapport in a virtual setting
- Training faculty/staff to refer to BIT in an online setting
- Increasing communication to students about resources available