Running a Virtual BIT Meeting
Demonstration and Q&A
Window into BIT 4.0
Presented on July 28, 2020.
What does a BIT meeting look like when it is conducted remotely? Whether due to campus closure or the need to quickly assemble an emergency BIT meeting, schools may find themselves needing to hold their BIT meeting on a web conferencing, virtual platform. Window Into BIT 4: Virtual BIT Meeting is a training tool designed to demonstrate how a BIT meeting should be conducted in a virtual environment. Watch national behavioral intervention team experts and campus practitioners model a virtual BIT meeting as they role-play key team roles.
This simulation will demonstrate how to foster effective communication, share referral and case information, and navigate technological challenges and resources in a web-hosted, virtual meeting. The demonstration includes a one-hour role play of a virtual BIT meeting, one-hour Q&A, referral information for the cases discussed, and sample documentation.
Roles/team positions demonstrated will include:
- Dean of Students, Team Chair
- Director, Counseling Center
- Lieutenant, University Police
- Director, Student Conduct
- Non-Clinical Case Manager
- Director, Disability Services
- Faculty Representative
Free for NaBITA members*
$199 for non-members
Price includes the 90-minute training and supplemental materials
Click here to purchase!
*Please log into your account to access this training free of charge!
- Makenzie Schiemann, M.S., Executive Director, NaBITA; Vice President of Case Management Initiatives, TNG
- Brian Van Brunt, Ed.D., President, NaBITA; Partner, TNG
- Jeff Solomon, Vice President of Safety Initiatives, TNG
- Allison Frost, Associate, TNG
- Kim Pacelli, M.Ed, J.D., Partner, TNG
- Joseph Allen, Ed.D., Director, Community College Pathways, National University
- Tammy Hodo, Ph.D., President of All Things Diverse, LLC