Want to get more involved with NABITA? Here’s how you can help!
Submit a Library Resource
NABITA is looking to expand its resource library and the number of tools available to the community. What better way to do so than by tapping into our network of professionals who are doing the work, day in and day out?
Do you have a sample checklist, a manual, a useful article, or any other helpful resource that you would like to share with your peers? If you believe you have a resource that will help your fellow practitioners in their BIT work, please click here to pass it along!
If your resource is accepted, it will be accessible to the over 5,500 unique individuals who visit our website each month, via our resource library.
Write a Tip of the Week
A Tip of the Week is a great way to share your hard-won lessons, anecdotes, and strategies with other BITs and colleagues. Every week, a tip is delivered to our mailing list of over 1,400 subscribers via the member newsletter. Your name and affiliation will be included in the post for maximum exposure.
If your tip is chosen to be featured in the newsletter*, you will be invited to attend a NABITA webinar of your choosing. Most tips are roughly a half-page to one-page long.
Not sure what kind of tip to submit? These questions can get you going!
- What is the best piece of advice you can give to a new BIT member or team?
- Tell us about a challenge you faced, how you overcame it, and how this can help mold best practices for other teams.
- What programs, software, processes do you use to make your life easier?
- What are some common issues you encounter with your BIT team? What are your suggestions for overcoming them?
- Are there any issues specific to your institution?
- How do you work with non-traditional students on the BIT?
- Any tips for working with special populations? (Autism Spectrum Disorder community, Veterans, etc.)
- What are the benefits of a database system to track records?
- Suggestions/reflections on targeted campus attacks?
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Feel free to get creative!
If you’d like to submit a Tip of the Week, please click here.
* Please be sure the document is in an editable format. Please note that NABITA reserves the right to format and edit your tip for clarity. Any edits will be sent back to the author prior to publishing.
Tips of the Week are member-only publications and may not be disseminated to non-members or posted publicly without authorization from NABITA.