Designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to deliver effective 1:1 case management services.
Building on the Case Management Standards and Best Practices course, participants learn how to work 1:1 with students to address presenting issues, reduce risk, and increase safety. The course will deliver an overview of high-impact case management practices, as well as focus on the application of case management techniques with specific presenting issues.
Using an interactive format, participants will watch video demonstrations of case management services in action and engage in discussion with the presenters and fellow participants regarding the skills and techniques demonstrated in the video.
What is case management?
Providing support to students to assist them in removing barriers to success and in increasing their holistic well-being.
What if I’m not a full-time case manager?
For those providing 1:1 support services to students, with high impact intervention techniques and practical strategies for helping students experiencing various difficulties.
In this course, you will:
- Gain knowledge regarding high impact intervention techniques.
- Apply case management to specialized and underserved populations.
- Learn strategies for reducing risk and distress for specific presenting issues.
- Be able to conduct a non-clinical assessment of suicide.
Who should attend?
- Behavioral Intervention Team members
- Case Managers
- Student Affairs staff such as Conduct Officers, Residential Life staff, Deans of Students
- Staff currently doing case management without the formal title
- Counselors or clinical staff
- Academic Advisors, Wellness Coaches, or other staff who work 1:1 with students in distress
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $1,299 Member
- $1,399 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- October 28-29: 10:00am - 5:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
To obtain certification from NABITA, you will need to attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My NABITA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by NABITA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.