Given the shared goals of student development, access, support, accountability, and community safety, it is not surprising that behavioral intervention teams (BITs), student conduct, and disability support often address overlapping concerns. This overlap emphasizes the need for discussion and planning on how these areas intersect, especially regarding student behavior and conduct, hospitalizations, and returning from a leave of absence. This workshop will assist institutions in developing approaches that align with best practices and provide adequate support to students.
After completing this training, participants will be able to...
- Understand the intersection of BIT, student conduct, and disability support
- Identify appropriate practices as it relates to supporting students whose disability related behavior violates the code of conduct and/or presents risk to themselves or others
- Develop appropriate practices for students experiencing a behavioral health hospitalization
- Distinguish return to campus practices after voluntary/involuntary leave
Who Should Attend?
- BIT Members
- Dean of Students
- Counselors/Clinical Providers
- Non-Clinical Case Managers
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Disability Support Services/ADA/Section 504 Compliance and Risk Management Professionals
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- December 11: 10:00am - 2:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact email@example.com for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance.