Learn NABITA’s various tools to perform violence risk assessments: Looking Glass, SIVRA-35, and NAS.
The Structured Interview for Violence Risk Assessment (SIVRA-35) is a 35-item inventory that is used to assist behavioral intervention team members and clinical staff in conducting a more thorough and research-based violence risk assessment. The SIVRA-35 is designed to assess the risk and protective factors related to an individual’s willingness to engage in violence.
Is the SIVRA-35 a psychological test that can predict the next school shooter?
No, the SIVRA-35 is an expert tool relying a structured set of items to use with individuals who may pose a risk or threat to the community.
Who should attend this course?
Any BIT members or clinical staff looking to conduct a more thorough and research-based violence risk assessment.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to administer the tool in an interview through narrative, structured questions with individuals exhibiting a range of concerning behaviors.
- How to conduct a more standardized, research-based violence risk assessment with individuals determined to be at an increased risk
- A quantitative, numeric scoring key to assist in decision-making
Who should attend?
- Any BIT members or clinical staff looking to conduct a more thorough and research-based violence risk assessment
- Schools looking to in-source the capacity to perform violence risk assessments by behavioral intervention and threat assessment teams
There are currently no scheduled events for this certification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about future availability.
To obtain Certification from NABITA, you will need to attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course.
Please allow 14 business days following the completion of the course and then log-into or create an account with our Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by NABITA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.