This course delivers an interactive and in-depth look at the standards of practice for team operating procedures and protocols.
Whether you are a new team just getting off the ground, or a seasoned team with a few years of experience under your belt, this course can help bring your team in line with best practices.
This course contains content related to: defining BITs, using an objective risk rubric for all BIT referrals, developing appropriate interventions, utilizing mandated assessments, and marketing/advertising the team based on survey data, research, and literature in the fields of threat assessment, psychology and law enforcement. This course allows time for discussion and interactive case examples.
Is this course for teams that are just starting or have been around awhile?
Both, allowing new teams to build their team in a way that aligns with best practices, and seasoned teams to fine tune and adjust.
Who should attend this course?
Everyone on your team should attend as it helps the team develop best practices collaboratively through a shared language and understanding.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to create, improve, and maximize BIT procedures in accordance with the NABITA Standards for Behavioral Intervention Teams
- How to engage the three key phases of a BIT: gather data, assess, and intervene
- How to utilize an objective risk rubric to standardize the assessment of risk and development of interventions on all cases
- How to integrate NABITA’s standards of practice into operational procedures at your institution
Who should attend?
- Schools seeking to bring their team in line with NABITA’s standards of practice
- Teams looking to formalize and improve their operations
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $1,299 Member
- $1,399 Non-Member
View Details & Schedule
All registration fees include attendance for all days of training and extensive training materials. Registration fees apply to all attendees, including Super Members and retainer clients.
Certificates will be included. Instructions on how to access your certificate will be sent within 7-10 days of the training completion.
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
- April 15-16
10:00am - 5:00pm ET
To obtain Certification from NABITA, you will need to attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course.
Please allow 14 business days following the completion of the course and then log-into or create an account with our Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by NABITA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.